Here at Fun First Nursery, we take your children’s nutritional needs very seriously. Please check this page regularly for new and exciting recipes for breakfast and lunch ideas.
Below is a breakdown of your child’s food intake on a daily basis. For your child to maintain a healthy and balance diet, we recommend you follow the below guidelines;
- 1/3 of your child’s plate should be Fruit & Vegetables (banana, melon, berries, tomato, avocado, broccoli …)
- 1/3 of your child’s plate should be Smart Carbohydrates (potatoes, wholegrain bread, rice, pasta…)
- 1/3 of your child’s plate should be Protein (beans, pulses, fish, eggs, meat…), Healthy Fats (nuts, seeds, butter…) and Dairy (Full fat milk, yoghurt., cheese..)
- Make sure your child drinks plenty of water, 50ml to 1000ml of water daily (depends on the age)
- Eat at least 5 portions daily of fruit and vegetables in a variety of colours. Eat the RAINBOW
- Fruit is best consumed on an empty stomach
To find the foods that have the essential Vitamins and Minerals for your child’s development, read our Vitamins and Minerals page.
Breakfast Menu Suggestions
Lunch Menu Suggestion
Healthy Snack Ideas
At Fun First Nursery we encourage healthy eating habits. Your cooperation is essential to establish such habits by sending healthy snacks with your child to the nursery. Please see below for some healthy snacks ideas.